XH - Xiled from Humanity

XH - Xiled from Humanity

• April 16, 2014, 09:59:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Currently playing on UO:Forever (http://www.uoforever.com/). Come and join us!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: IPY 2.0  (Read 4939 times)

Dejai

• Guildy
  • Getting there
    • View Profile
IPY 2.0
« on: January 12, 2010, 12:15:33 PM »

Hey guys, not sure if any of you played the original IPY, but its co creator Azaroth is in the process of rebooting the server with a new look and new staff.  Hopefully this time a non-corrupt staff :)

You can get updates here:

http://azaroth.org/

He is always looking for coders and quest writers, so if you can help and want an insider position send him an email.

For those who didn't play IPY, it was basically pre cast UO without horses.  The battles were massive, there were weekly tournaments and it was just like the old days.  People were actually held accountable for they and their guilds actions, unlike these new games where all the 12 year olds go off at the mouth and there is nothing you can do about it.

Here is some background written by Azaroth himself on the old IPY server, why it was so much fun, its downfall, and what he plans to correct this time around:

http://azaroth.org/ipyuo/ipyuo.html

And here is a tribute/good bye to IPY from one of the older and more competitive guilds on the server:

http://www.freshtasting.com/

Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Pro
    • View Profile
Re: IPY 2.0
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 08:55:43 AM »

I been reading his website and what he has planned for IPY 2.0. When it gets released I can see it being a really good server. The inherent flaws with UOgamers he is trying to root out at inception so I wish him the best.

I'm going to follow it and see how long before it is released.

AriakusXH

• Administrator
  • Pro
    • View Profile
    • XH
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 09:43:28 AM »

I been reading his website and what he has planned for IPY 2.0. When it gets released I can see it being a really good server. The inherent flaws with UOgamers he is trying to root out at inception so I wish him the best.

I'm going to follow it and see how long before it is released.

I guess my thing is people will always find a way to "break things" as we see from the game play on hybrid.  Things we never used (wands pots items) become the norm to get by in day to day play. Granted pking I will do whatever I can to kill the person.  No matter how dirty or lame. The end goal of pking is that I live(who wants to macro off stat loss) and the other person dies and I loot them.  The end goal of pvp is ultimately to come out on top but accept the fact that sometimes you are going to lose. Whether it is due to overwhelming numbers or just being outclassed. I guess the difference is that I pvp for a good fight.  A good challenge and I don’t want to go into every situation with the deck stacked in my favor (pots invis items heal wands etc) I want to rely on my skill and the skill of people the people around me in group fights.

Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 01:15:06 PM »

Of course everyone wants to win and wants it to be a somewhat challenging win. The problems with UOgamers goes above and beyond the wands and pots stuff.

The ability to think outside of the box to beat your enemy is a good strategy as well as a good balance. Therein lies the problem with all freeshards - checks and balances. As much as OSI's decisions later in the game blew balls, a lot of their decisions were to balance things out. I can see where IPY 2.0 will have that or at least the strong attempt to have it. All the discussions on the website are about risk vs reward and checks and balances.

Supposedly in the first incarnation of IPY there were roaming groups of 10+ pking everything in sight. There was no one to kill them or if they did die they rezzed and came right back. Azaroth doesn't want that to happen again so he's talking about adding stat loss, which is probably a good idea, and some other things to deter that from happening again.

AriakusXH

• Administrator
  • Pro
    • View Profile
    • XH
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 02:57:47 PM »

I love how azeroth and others are talking about statloss after raging against it for 12 years.

Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 03:26:33 PM »

Yeah, like most MMO players they don't understand the repercussions of half the crap they whine about when its changed.

Dejai

• Guildy
  • Getting there
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 04:32:03 PM »

PKing was my favourite part of UO, and I honestly did not even care about stat loss.  It was evident to me that given the road UO was traveling down if it continued this way it would not yield a positive result.  I continued to PK and had a lot of fun in guild wars on my blue.  It was win win, if anything it was better because I had less Anti's to worry about ganking me, and less PK's to compete with for kills.

I PK to kill people, I PvP to find a challenge.

Azaroth will have to "trammy" the shard up a bit.  Meaning quests, story lines etc.. building a stable economy.  He wants to attract all types of players.  People don't realize how essential those random RPers or super newbs that couldn't PvP their way out of a wet paper bag were to the overall game.  If you just bring the best of the best elite PK's or PvPers then the novelty of it all wears off.  You don't have a complete game, it is all one sided.

I will play this shard, I will at least give it a shot.  It has to be better than divinity.. that shard is complete crap.

Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 03:09:00 PM »

Agreed.

You need newbies to pray on and RPers to make fun of. Without that it becomes like a MMOFPS.

Corwin

• Guildy Dev Group
  • Almost pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 01:41:09 PM »

Razor and scripted dumps really made UOG lame imo.

Even more than Krrios.

Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 09:00:56 AM »

Anyone check on IPY?

I tried to read his blog but it was all rambling and it's hard to focus on it while i'm at work.

Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 11:41:07 AM »

So I read through the website and it looks like IPY 2.0 looks like it is gonna come to fruition soon.

He has put a lot of thought into it so when it comes out I'm gonna check it out. Def gonna be the best out there.

AriakusXH

• Administrator
  • Pro
    • View Profile
    • XH
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 11:54:00 AM »

I might put some time into it.

Belgarath

• Global Moderator
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2010, 09:26:22 AM »

Depends on many factors as to how much time I would put into it.

But I still do love UO's gameplay so if it's done to my liking and there are people to kill, i'm sure I will give it a try.
All Killer No Filler!

Can someone tell me what this is regarding?
Does this pertain to the Plant Maintenance Office with the Providence School Department?

Please advise.

Demonic

• Global Moderator
  • Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2010, 01:15:45 PM »

I've been following Azaroth's blog and on paper it looks like its going to be pretty good and have a steady population.

Definetly not going to be like Hybrid and getting 7x in a day. I am getting the impression that he wants it to be just like OSI UO, with all the aspects that came with it (PK,PVE,RP,PVP etc) so it should be interesting.

AriakusXH

• Administrator
  • Pro
    • View Profile
    • XH
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2010, 06:39:20 PM »

mmm victim element.
Pages: [1] 2 3